There are a lot of SEO companies in the marketplace…some good and some not so good. This checklist will guide you through the considerations you need to make during the selection process so that you are confident about your choice. You can read the full article here: http://www.inc.com/adam-heitzman/seo-company-checklist-how-to-hire-the-right-vendor.html
Questions To Ask a Potential SEO Vendor:
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you follow Google Best Practices?
- Describe your content strategy as it relates to SEO.
- Describe the link building strategies you would be using for my website.
- Do you have any content & link building examples that you can provide?
- Does your strategy include local listing management? (For local businesses only)
- Do you manage and optimize Google MyBusiness Pages?
- What kind of results do you expect to see for my site, and in what time-frame? How do you measure your success?
- Describe how the account management process works.
- How often can I communicate with your team and by what methods (phone, email, etc.)?
- Will I have the right to approve any changes made to my website (content, structural, etc.)?
- Can you provide examples of your reporting?
- Are you active in the SEO community?
- Have you been recognized for any achievements?
- Do you rank for any keywords that you are targeting for your own website?
- Do you offer any guarantees? (Trick question–see major red flags below)
- Can you show me case studies of successful results you have achieved for clients in Google?
- Based on my budget, can you provide a detailed proposal outlining all services you recommend to achieve my desired results?